Showing Collections: 901 - 913 of 913
This collection consists of family photographic prints, nearly all identified and a 1923-1926 diary of Florence Berrigan Wingate.
This collection contains images, genealogical binders, documents, scrapbook pertaining to Wolfe, Corson,Beck, Hecht, Diehn, Hendrickson, Lamp, Banks, Goettsch, Struck families. 2016-08-12 additional photographs, correspondence donated - identified with surnames: Beck, Struck, Lamp, Banks, Wolfe from Clinton and Scott Counties ca 1890's-1940's
This collection contains photographs, genealogical/family correspondence, pedigree charts, and supporting records 1893-1992.
The chain letter is an example of a World War II era scheme pretending to be for the purpose of increasing sales of Defense Stamps. The Post Office and Treasury Department spoke out against the scam. This particular letter was written by Lenora Davidson of 515 Kirkwood Boulevard, Davenport, Iowa. She was the daughter of George and Leona Davidson.
First page of scrapbook says "My Scrap Book Of Friends Of Bettendorf and Davenport. Made Feb. 20, 1943 Saturday Night";
Contains newsclippings 1941-1944 featuring local men and women serving in military positions during World War II.
Two black and white photographic prints of Bettendorf girls softball teams with identification were separated and assigned VM89-002609 a and b.
shows large military group in uniform, likely WWII. Approximately 8"x30"
digitzied copies of book documenting WWII Honor Billboards honoring those who served from Iowa - Men and women in our armed forces on land; at sea and in the air; compliments of Robert C. Brown
This collection contains image of the 1953 9th grade class of Sudlow Junior High School -original and laminated copy; 1 copy of the St. Ambrose 1957 "Oaks" yearbook; Davenport High School yearbooks for 1928, 1934, 1955, 1956.
A CD copy of Lyn Batdorf's "Families of Thode, Zabel, Schultz and Moeller," a searchable database of family names on a DVD, and original photographs.
- Women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Societies and clubs -- History -- Sources 5
- Women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Social life and customs 4
- Women -- Services for -- Iowa -- Davenport -- History -- Sources 3
- Young women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Social life and customs 3
- Charities -- Iowa -- Davenport -- History -- Sources 2
- Clubs -- Iowa -- Davenport 2
- Images, Photographic 2
- Young women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Charities, protection, etc. -- History -- Sources 2
- clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Adoption 1
- Art fairs--Social aspects. 1
- Art fairs--United States. 1
- Art fairs. 1
- Art festivals. 1
- Booklet 1
- Books 1
- Buildings -- Iowa -- Davenport -- History -- Sources 1
- Cabinet photographs -- Iowa -- Davenport -- History -- Sources 1
- Cemeteries -- Iowa -- Davenport -- History -- Sources 1
- Civil War -- United States 1 ∧ less
- English 912
- German 3
- City of Davenport (Iowa) 6
- Cook, Clarissa C 2
- Glaspell, Susan, 1876-1948 2
- Huebinger, M. (Melchior) 2
- Lend a Hand Society 2
- Lend-A-Hand Club 2
- Moline (Ill.) 2
- Quad-City Times 2
- Adams, Helen 1
- Addams, Jane, 1860-1935 1
- Adler, Betty 1
- Adler, Henrietta 1
- Alcott, Louisa May, 1832-1888 1
- Amarillo (Tex.) 1
- Ambrose, Allison S 1
- America 1
- American Commercial and Savings Bank 1
- American Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- American Trust Company 1
- Andrews, Clarence A. 1 ∧ less
About the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center:
The Special Collections Department of the Davenport Public Library was established in 1982. In November of 1999, the newly renovated department opened to better serve its community and was renamed the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center. The Center acquires, arranges, describes, preserves, and makes available local history and genealogical materials concentrating on those pertaining to Davenport, Scott County, and Eastern Iowa.