Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection consists of the content found in the cornerstone of the 1922 Lend-A-Hand building located at 105 Main Street (Main St.) in Davenport, Iowa. Additionally, there are scrapbooks dating from 1895-1943 and a variety of ephemeral items relating to Lend-A-Hand and national and local organizations, many of which held their meetings in the Lend-a-Hand Club building.
The collection consists of materials recording the activities and operation of the Lend-A-Hand Club. Primiarly the records consist of financial records and resident room records of women who rented rooms at Lend-A-Hand. Additionally, the materials include lists of board of directors and community organizations, signs of rules and regulations for those staying at Lend-A-Hand, as well as a representative sample of construction and architectural records.
- Subject: Charities -- Iowa -- Davenport -- History -- Sources X
- Bettendorf Tabernacle 1
- Business and Professional Women's Club (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Calvary Baptist Church (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Camp Minneyata 1
- Catherine Club 1
- Catholic Women’s League 1
- Christ Episcopal Church West (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Davenport Central Turner Society 1
- Davenport Chamber of Commerce 1
- Davenport Council of Americanization 1
- Davenport Democrat and Leader 1
- Davenport Exchange Club 1
- Davenport Women's Club 1
- Eleanor Club 1
- Eleanor Record 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Friendly House 1
- Girl Scouts--Iowa 1 ∧ less
About the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center:
The Special Collections Department of the Davenport Public Library was established in 1982. In November of 1999, the newly renovated department opened to better serve its community and was renamed the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center. The Center acquires, arranges, describes, preserves, and makes available local history and genealogical materials concentrating on those pertaining to Davenport, Scott County, and Eastern Iowa.