Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The collection contains materials recording the membership and activities of the local group "Catherine Duffin Tent Number 7" of the Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War, 1861-1865. The materials of the collection contain names of its members, their ancestor who served in the Civil War, and lineage information.
This collection consists of the content found in the cornerstone of the 1922 Lend-A-Hand building located at 105 Main Street (Main St.) in Davenport, Iowa. Additionally, there are scrapbooks dating from 1895-1943 and a variety of ephemeral items relating to Lend-A-Hand and national and local organizations, many of which held their meetings in the Lend-a-Hand Club building.
The collection consists of materials recording the activities and operation of the Lend-A-Hand Club. Primiarly the records consist of financial records and resident room records of women who rented rooms at Lend-A-Hand. Additionally, the materials include lists of board of directors and community organizations, signs of rules and regulations for those staying at Lend-A-Hand, as well as a representative sample of construction and architectural records.
This collection consists of materials recording the activities and actions of the Northwest Davenport Liedertafel Ladies.
The collection's materials were mostly handwritten by the executive board and the membership.
- Subject: Women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Social life and customs X
- Women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Societies and clubs -- History -- Sources 5
- Women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Social life and customs 4
- Women -- Services for -- Iowa -- Davenport -- History -- Sources 3
- Young women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Social life and customs 3
- Charities -- Iowa -- Davenport -- History -- Sources 2
- Young women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Charities, protection, etc. -- History -- Sources 2
- Civil War -- United States 1
- Clubs -- Iowa -- Davenport 1
- Davenport (Iowa) -- Intellectual life 1
- Davenport (Iowa) -- Social life and customs 1
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 1
- Women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Intellectual life 1 ∧ less
- German 1
- Lend a Hand Society 2
- Lend-A-Hand Club 2
- Addams, Jane, 1860-1935 1
- Adler, Henrietta 1
- Alcott, Louisa May, 1832-1888 1
- Ambrose, Allison S 1
- America 1
- Antarctica 1
- Ashton, Ann 1
- Bawden, Joyce 1
- Bawden, Rita 1
- Bell, Gertrude Lowthian, 1868-1926 1
- Bermuda Islands 1
- Bettendorf Tabernacle 1
- Blackman, Paddy 1
- Bondi, August M. (August Mendel), 1833-1907 1
- Bondi, Gladys 1
- Boulanger, Nadia 1
- Bromfield, Louis, 1896-1956 1
- Brooke, Libbet 1 ∧ less
About the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center:
The Special Collections Department of the Davenport Public Library was established in 1982. In November of 1999, the newly renovated department opened to better serve its community and was renamed the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center. The Center acquires, arranges, describes, preserves, and makes available local history and genealogical materials concentrating on those pertaining to Davenport, Scott County, and Eastern Iowa.