Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of the content found in the cornerstone of the 1922 Lend-A-Hand building located at 105 Main Street (Main St.) in Davenport, Iowa. Additionally, there are scrapbooks dating from 1895-1943 and a variety of ephemeral items relating to Lend-A-Hand and national and local organizations, many of which held their meetings in the Lend-a-Hand Club building.
- Names: Lend a Hand Society
- Names: Bettendorf Tabernacle
About the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center:
The Special Collections Department of the Davenport Public Library was established in 1982. In November of 1999, the newly renovated department opened to better serve its community and was renamed the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center. The Center acquires, arranges, describes, preserves, and makes available local history and genealogical materials concentrating on those pertaining to Davenport, Scott County, and Eastern Iowa.