Beaux Arts, Incorporated
Scope and Contents
- Beaux Arts (Davenport, Iowa) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Request permission before copying materials.
Personal digital cameras and scanners are allowed in the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center on a case-by-case basis. The items that a researcher may want to scan or photograph must be examined and evaluated for physical condition, copyright issues, and donor restrictions by staff.
Copyright restrictions may apply; please consult Special Collections staff for further information.
The copyright law of the United States (title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a reproduction. One of these specific conditions is that the reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
Biographical / Historical
The Committee organized Beaux Arts Balls as their fund-raiser for many years. Each event had an original theme that guided the creative costumes that patrons wore. In 1967, Ed Voss, who had chaired most of the balls, suggested staging a weekend art fair instead. The direction of their fund-raiser changed from then on. [Source: http://www.beauxartsfair.com/history.html Accessed June 9, 2017]
3 Box(es) (2 oversized boxed scrapbooks and 6 slide sheets in small box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Art fairs--Social aspects. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Art fairs--United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Art fairs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Art festivals. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Costume--Art. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center Repository
321 Main Street
Davenport IA 52801-1490 United States