Ruth Kellogg Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection is made up of local bank books, mortgage and photos of 55 Glenwood, Davenport, Iowa. Also WWII ration books and ephemera, documents, and other ephemeral items.
- Majority of material found in 1930-1956
- Hansen, Harry, 1884-1977 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Materials are available for use in the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center only.
Request permission before copying materials.
Personal digital cameras and scanners are allowed in the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center on a case-by-case basis. The items that a researcher may want to scan or photograph must be examined and evaluated for physical condition, copyright issues, and donor restrictions by staff.
Copyright restrictions may apply; please consult Special Collections staff for further information.
The copyright law of the United States (title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a reproduction. One of these specific conditions is that the reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
Biographical / Historical
Ruth Elizabeth Kellogg was a Davenport, Iowa native, born 12 Nov 1909 and died 12 June 1988. Ruth was a daughter of Henry Kellogg and Emma Heede, who were married in Davenport 22 October 1907. Ruth worked at DPL for a time, later becoming Director of Elkhart, Indiana Public Library from 1950-1976. After their marriage, her parents set up housekeeping at 55 Glenwood in Davenport, Iowa. Henry is listed in the 1909 city directory as a storekeeper at Axle Co. Emma appears to be a daughter of Jacob Heede who resided at 1439 Marshall St. in Davenport in the city directories.
Language of Materials
Range 37 Section 1
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- American Commercial and Savings Bank
- German Savings Bank of Davenport, Iowa
- Rock Island (Ill.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Savings banks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Union Savings Bank and Trust Company
- World War II Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- bankbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- mortgage deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- mortgages Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- ration books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center Repository
321 Main Street
Davenport IA 52801-1490 United States