Skip to main content

Christ Episcopal Church West (Davenport, Iowa)

 Organization

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Lend-A-Hand Club Collection

 Collection
Identifier: 1989-11
Scope and Contents

This collection consists of the content found in the cornerstone of the 1922 Lend-A-Hand building located at 105 Main Street (Main St.) in Davenport, Iowa. Additionally, there are scrapbooks dating from 1895-1943 and a variety of ephemeral items relating to Lend-A-Hand and national and local organizations, many of which held their meetings in the Lend-a-Hand Club building.

Dates: 1895-1943


About the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center:

The Special Collections Department of the Davenport Public Library was established in 1982. In November of 1999, the newly renovated department opened to better serve its community and was renamed the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center. The Center acquires, arranges, describes, preserves, and makes available local history and genealogical materials concentrating on those pertaining to Davenport, Scott County, and Eastern Iowa.

Books and other printed materials in the collection can be found using a Library Search. For additional digital resources, browse the Upper Mississippi Valley Digital Image Archive. For more information about specific subjects relating to Scott County History, please browse the Research Guides.
Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center
Davenport Public Library
321 Main Street
Davenport IA 52801-1490
(563) 326-7902
specialcollections@davenportlibrary.com