City of Davenport (Iowa)
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of one sepia toned 9 x 13" landscape photographic print; group of graduates and female teacher dated January 1916; handwriting on back provides names, School No. 14 Buchanan, 6th and Oak Street Davenport Iowa.
This collection consists of a mimeographed copy of Frank Schaefer's adoption certificate. It is signed by the birth mother, Helena Bertram Schaefer Adams, and the adoptive parents, Claus and Anna Bertram (Helena's parents, Frank's maternal grandparents).
Names on document include: Adams, Helena (Bertram, Schafer); Schafer, Edward; Bertram, Claus J.; Bertram, Anna; Schafer, Frank
Correspondence selected from discarded Oakdale Cemetery (Oakdale Memorial Gardens) records as a representative sample of the cemetery's business transactions, correspondence regarding cemetery lots, and receipts for the design, construction, and maintenance of the public mausoleum, 1930-1939.
To: John Fahrner, Secretary Oakdale Cemetery Association/ From: Theodore J. Meyer, Health officer, 1924
Stagnant water on premises
- Collection 6
- Archival Object 1
- Adoption 1
- Cemeteries -- Iowa -- Davenport -- History -- Sources 1
- Clubs -- Iowa -- Davenport 1
- Davenport (Iowa) -- Intellectual life 1
- Davenport (Iowa) -- Social life and customs 1
- Davenport (Iowa)--History. 1
- Davenport (Iowa)--Politics and government 1
- Europe -- Description and travel 1
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 1
- Oakdale Cemetery (Davenport, Iowa) -- Records and correspondence 1
- Oakdale Memorial Gardens -- Records and correspondence 1
- Women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Intellectual life 1
- Women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Social life and customs 1
- Women -- Iowa -- Davenport -- Societies and clubs -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
About the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center:
The Special Collections Department of the Davenport Public Library was established in 1982. In November of 1999, the newly renovated department opened to better serve its community and was renamed the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center. The Center acquires, arranges, describes, preserves, and makes available local history and genealogical materials concentrating on those pertaining to Davenport, Scott County, and Eastern Iowa.